[Ptpl-l] International Conference on Grey Literature at the Library of Congress

Ian Fairclough ifairclough43302 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 09:08:32 EST 2011

Colleagues:

This e-mail  follows a request to assist with recruiting presenters for a
conference.  Below  is information about this year's International Conference on
Grey Literature  (GL13).  Perhaps some of you would be interested in submitting
an abstract for a  presentation (due date April 10).

In December 2009 I presented at  "GL11", also held at the Library of Congress,
and found it to be a most  interesting and enjoyable conference.  My topic was
easy to come up with: it was  apparent that the talk I gave at my job interview
here at Mason (about a  repository that I cataloged at my previous job in Ohio)
would fit the bill quite  nicely.  The papers presented were also published in
The Grey Journal.

You too might  boast about having presented at an international conference
without having to  leave the D.C. metro area!  If anyone is interested please
let me know.  Thanks  - Ian

Ian Fairclough
Cataloging & Metadata Services  Librarian
George Mason University
Fenwick Library, MS 2FL
4400  University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)  993-2938
ifairclo at gmu.edu
________________________________

   Thirteenth International Conference on Grey  Literature
‘From Social Networking to Wealth Creation’
Library of Congress, Washington D.C.,  United  States
December 5-6, 2011

GL13Announcement,http://www.textrelease.com/gl13conference.html
GL13 Call for Papers,http://www.textrelease.com/gl13callforpapers.html

Social networking is the way the grey literature community remains  connected in
the 21st century. It encompasses a range of social media and  communication
tools that enable subject based communities to create, review,  process,
publish, and make grey literature openly accessible to public domain.  Social
networking is not new to grey literature, in fact it is inherent to this  field
of information. What’s new however are the technologies available to  global
grey literature communities in developing, monitoring, and sustaining  valued
information resources and services. In this context, social networking  becomes
a mechanism both used and applied by grey literature communities in the
processes of knowledge generation and ensuing wealth creation. The Thirteenth
International Conference on Grey Literature is beholden to its title: The Grey
Circuit, from Social Networking to Wealth Creation. The imagery in the
conference logo rekindles the spirit of Franklin in which the uncontrolled
discharge of  lightening transfers power to controlled networked circuits.
Today, in the  spirit of science, grey literature communities are called to
demonstrate their  know-how and merit to wider audiences by responding to the
GL13  Call-for-Papers.

GreyNet  International
Grey Literature Network  Service
Javastraat  194-HS
1095 CP Amsterdam
Netherlands

T/F +31-(0)20 331  2420
Email: info at greynet.org

"GreyNet is dedicated to Research,  Publication, Open Access, and Education in
the field of Grey  Literature"